Of the thousands of spider species currently living in the United States, the brown recluse is one of the most dangerous. Its bite delivers a potent poison which can cause open sores that, if left untreated, sometimes turn into painful necrotic lesions that take months to fully heal. In severe cases, the toxin can also cause a systemic response that destroys the victim’s red blood cells, ultimately causing nausea, vomiting, fever and rash. Due to the severity of the brown recluse bite—especially in young children, we recommend getting these pests out of your home as soon as they are discovered, hopefully before a bite.
Identifying the Brown Recluse
You can identify a brown recluse by its long, thin legs and its tan or brown body with a violin-shaped marking on its otherwise uniformly-colored back.
How to Protect Your Home
If you have seen a brown recluse in your home, it’s important to know that these pests can be very difficult to eradicate using store-bought pesticides. To stop these spiders from breeding and putting you and your family at risk, call or click now. And rest easy.